Did you know...
- Mortar was discovered more than 10.000 years ago. Gypsum was the first binder having been used. The Romans invented the lime based mortars. And Portland cement is only 200 years old.
- Factory-produced mortars are more and more going to replace site made mixtures.
- More than 40 Mio tons of mortar are produced per year in the EU. The estimated total turnover is about 6 Billion Euros.
- Mineral mortars consist mainly of natural raw materials and are free of solvents and biocides.
- External Thermal Insulation Composite Systems (ETICS) are produced by the mortar industry and going to become the climate protectors No 1.
- Mineral mortars are generally considered to be non-combustible as long as they do not contain more than 1% of organic materials.